Wednesday 14 June 2017

A waiting game

Anyone who has ever needed any treatment, mental or physical, knows that it can be a long waiting game. Full of referral forms, blood tests, weigh ins, ECGs, more blood tests and phone calls. It can be so tedious and tiring.
I work for the NHS and I see, from inside, the impact of the shortage of beds, teams, clinicians and resources, so in no way do I want to criticise anyone. I know all too well the strain the NHS is under. But waiting weeks to hear results and treatment plans is horrible and exhausting. 
I am due to see my GP tomorrow, to discuss more options including private healthcare. I appreciate that I am in the fortunate position of being able to access private treatments. I know not everyone is in that position. 

My family really have been incredible through this time and my mother is hands down the most wonderful person I know. She gives me more love and support than I could ever ask for and I will be eternally grateful.
I also want to thank everyone who has read this blog, messaged me and shown their support. 
Every single day, but especially on the dark days, it really does lift me so much to hear kind words from people. 

So much love to you all x

No comments

Post a Comment

© Time to talk eating disorders . All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig