Wednesday 18 October 2017

Walk away quietly

I’m sure I won’t get better. 
For as long as I really can properly remember, my every day life has revolved around my eating disorder. 
I am certain this is just what my life will always be like. Can it be fair that I can be destined for such a miserable existence? Or does fate not exist at all? Or am I meant to rid myself from this existence and hope for a different world, a different life. 
I know many people are ill for years and years and years, I have only been in this battle for seven years, but it feels quite long enough. It has peaked and troughed, sometimes feeling quite bearable for a couple of months at a time. 
But some sort of hurricane hit me six months ago and it spiralled out of control completely. 
My life is not my own. 
It is dictated by the demon in my mind. 
I want a life of normality, without terrible urges and thoughts. 
Seven years is not a long time in the grand scheme of things, but it really is quite long enough. 
I’m able to cover most of the cracks for short periods of time, able to work a day here and there just to feel like the person I used to be. 
In reality though, that person is gone and now Beelzebub controls my body. 
I have little fight left, I know it isn’t time right now to give up, but I also know I don’t have another seven years in me. 

I think when you are fighting a war you know you simply can’t win, it is nicer to walk away quietly. 

No comments

Post a Comment

© Time to talk eating disorders . All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig