Wednesday 10 January 2018

Taking a little care

Looking after yourself can be difficult. At one time or another we all indulge in things that are bad for us, not necessarily food wise, but maybe too much alcohol, maybe we take drugs, or we indulge by allowing ourselves to spend time on another human being that is bad for us.
Stopping ourselves doing something that, in the long run is bad for us, can be very hard when it often feels good at the time.
I need to take more care of myself.
I need to eat more and eat things my body needs, like protein and carbs, instead of just fruit and vegetables.
But it's all well and good acknowledging this, doesn't make it was.
Acknowledgement is a big step, be proud of yourself if you are at the point where you can see a change should be made.
Unfortunately, the 'doing' part is still hard.
There are smaller changes that may be easier to make, and still help a lot.
I wake up every morning and I ache so much in my back and shoulders, similar to what I can only imagine a 85 year old feels. Part of the reason is because my body is underfed, with not enough vitamins and my bones receive little calcium.
Although I cannot change my eating habits overnight to give my body what it needs, I can do other things.
Every morning and every evening I try to remember to stretch. Usually just basic yoga positions. Although this isn't much, I mean I usually only do a few minutes, but it does ease the ache a little.

Be proud of however you look after yourself, physically and mentally.
Whether it's eating right, exercising enough, taking time to yourself to read a good book, enjoying a long walk in the sunshine, meditation or ridding your life of people who have a negative impact on you.
Be proud, because it isn't always easy. 

No comments

Post a Comment

© Time to talk eating disorders . All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig