Friday 28 July 2017

Do not feel pity

I don't write this blog so that anyone feels pity for me, or sorrow. That's the last thing I want.
This blog is to try and raise awareness on mental health issues, make people more open and comfortable talking about them.
Of course when people message me kind words of comfort and motivation it means so much to me and I am grateful.
I have lived a life that's been wonderful in so many ways, and I have been very lucky in many ways.
So nobody need pity me that I now have a mental illness. 
Because anyone of any walk of life can become mentally unwell, and it doesn't matter that it's happened to me, because I am more than happy with the hand I was dealt before this situation arose. 
If one day this mental illness kills me, then sorrow will not be needed because I will have had a life so full of love that there is no room for sadness. 
Far too often, people with mental health issues die and sadly suicide is often the cause. 
I hope this blog will make people think more about mental health, about stigma and about the damage these illnesses can do.
Mental health illnesses know no discrimination, they affect people of every race, religion, gender, sexuality. People of every single walk of life.

I hope the world continues to make the progress it has been slowly making in the recent years. 

No comments

Post a Comment

© Time to talk eating disorders . All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig