Wednesday 19 July 2017

Snowballs

Mental health difficulties can start as something trivial, something small. They can come up out of no where, sometimes you don't even notice they are there at first. 
But then, they can snowball.
They can fast become the sole, dominant feature in your life. 
When depression and my eating disorder really took over my life, it was as if overnight I barely knew who I was anymore. 
I went from being confident and popular, having an active social life, to feeling repulsed by my own existence. 
I was on a university course I enjoyed, had lots of lovely friends and a steadfast relationship. 
You could easily have looked at my life and said I had nothing to be depressed about.
But no matter what you plan for yourself in life, your own mental health may decide it's got a different plan for you. 
The human brain is undoubtedly one of the most complex and spectacular things in the world, but it's also the thing that makes your body turn on itself. 
How do you battle with your own brain?
Is it possible to re-programme yourself? 
For me, living with depression and an eating disorder is like living every day with the person I dislike the most in the world. Every day they are the first person I see, the only person I cannot escape from. 

How do you fight that?

No comments

Post a Comment

© Time to talk eating disorders . All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig