Thursday 10 August 2017

Roo's strengthening medicine

My morning routine that used to simply consist of a coffee with venlafaxine, now also consists of two vitamin tablets which claim to have a fruity flavour but definitely do not. Followed by a liquid medicine (Roo's strengthening medicine) full of iron and zinc which tastes frankly revolting. 
The worst part about Roo's strengthening medicine is that I have to take it twice a day.
Once the medications are out of the way, my days consist of watching crap television and occasionally sitting in my garden.
Focusing on anything is difficult, I force myself to attempt sudoku and crosswords but my attention span seems to stretch to only a couple of minutes.
I think sometimes people make the mistake of thinking that if you have depression, that means you're sad, miserable, crying all the time. 
Depression isn't that at all. 
Depression is a lack of energy, motivation, attention. Depression is numbness. I have days and days on end where I feel next to no emotion at all, just an empty numbness. 
Of course, there are days when I feel the sadness people associate with depression, but the sadness definitely does not define depression. 


No comments

Post a Comment

© Time to talk eating disorders . All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig